Select to view content in your preferred language

Embedding a web map - Testing it

Jump to solution
06-29-2023 10:35 AM
Labels (1)
JamesArmstrong_
Occasional Contributor

Using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1     

After publishing a Web Map and getting it ready to share, I would like to be certain that the shared and embedded Web Map looks and re-acts in the way intended.   All layers are publicly shared (everyone).   I have copied the resultant html code and tried several methods for previewing it, without success - (pasting the code into the browser using the built in developer's tools, as well as saving the code in Notepad++ and running it there.  

I feel like I am making this harder than it needs to be.  Any advice, suggestion, or idea would be most appreciated.  thanks for reading.  - James Armstrong

====

here is a copy of the generated code:  

<style>.embed-container {position: relative; padding-bottom: 80%; height: 0; max-width: 100%;} .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container iframe{position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;} small{position: absolute; z-index: 40; bottom: 0; margin-bottom: -15px;}</style>

<div class="embed-container"><iframe width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="LRCOG Broadband Service Area" src="//wa.lrcog.org/portal/apps/Embed/index.html?webmap=0041af2c2eaa4349998ffcbd34649830&extent=-80.606,34.1208,-77.3678,35.4829&zoom=true&previewImage=false&scale=true&disable_scroll=true&theme=light"></iframe></div>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesArmstrong_
Occasional Contributor

Well, here is a follow up.    I continued to be unsuccessful in trying to embed a Web Map as I am not sure the code created in the share process works.  I was able to create an instant app and embed that after several tries.  Mainly making sure that the url points to the application.   here is the code that works when embedding an app.   Actually, might like this solution better.  

<iframe width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="LRCOG Broadband Service Area" src="https://wa.lrcog.org/portal/apps/View/index.html?appid=5d424a2e9ec54639a1de4e515a5f175e"></iframe>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesArmstrong_
Occasional Contributor

Well, here is a follow up.    I continued to be unsuccessful in trying to embed a Web Map as I am not sure the code created in the share process works.  I was able to create an instant app and embed that after several tries.  Mainly making sure that the url points to the application.   here is the code that works when embedding an app.   Actually, might like this solution better.  

<iframe width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="LRCOG Broadband Service Area" src="https://wa.lrcog.org/portal/apps/View/index.html?appid=5d424a2e9ec54639a1de4e515a5f175e"></iframe>

0 Kudos