Distributed Collab Without Sharing to Everyone

12-18-2023 07:19 AM
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey all,

I'm attempting to setup an Enterprise to ArcGIS Online collaboration, Enterprise 11.2, and I'm unsuccessful in sharing an ArcGIS Server Service to this collaboration as a copy. The main reason for copy is due to many people using this collaborated service, and signing-in many people is not an option.

A little update, this does not have to be editable by anyone on ArcGIS Online, only from Enterprise.

I did find this page here: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/share-content-with-collaboration-p...
and on the "Share ArcGIS Server services" section, it states that I must share the service with Everyone as it is necessary for the credential requests to not be prompted. That is not a possibility as this information cannot be public, it contains proprietary information that should not be publicly seen.

Is there any way to get around this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyPatterson

Haven't heard anything so far from anyone, so I submitted a ticket, I'll place the results in this post when I get a response to hopefully help someone in the future.

0 Kudos
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

Hi Cody,

Are you managing the AGO org that you plan to collaborate with or is this an external org? There are a few different ways to do what it sounds like you are asking for, depending on the type of service you are sharing. If you don't want users to have an account or enter credentials, the info in the service will in some way be accessible to everyone, even if you prevent them from editing. Otherwise you can decide if they log in with Enterprise accounts or AGO to access the service. There are many questions to be asked and answered before determining the best way to set this up. Hopefully getting on a call with ESRI Support can help you find the right solution.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey Tony,

My way of explaining can be rather confusing I apologize, but what I'm really looking for is a Feature Layer to be copied from Enterprise to AGOL, in a one way sync from the same way. This will be used only for a visible layer, no editing from AGOL at all. This will be used by our own company with no public access at all, we have over 200+ people that need access to these maps, it would be very easy to provide them all with one username and password with just viewer rights in Enterprise, but I can see problems come from this due to security posture. I would like the users on AGOL to be able to see and use maps that have this uneditable layer on them. My call is in less than 3 hours, so I will be sure to provide updates!

0 Kudos