Select to view content in your preferred language

Difference between Map viewer classic (Keep all target features- Checked) and Map Viewer (Left Join )

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm working for an analysis by joining two hosted feature layers in the web map. I'm using Enterprise 11.2

Layer One - static (20000+ records) - Target
Layer Two - dynamic(real time data from survey123) - Join layer.

I tried by using Join functionality in both Map Viewer Classic Web Map and Map Viewer Web Map.

Joining based on attribute relationship
NameID of layer 1 (Target) = NameID of layer 2 (Join layer)

Join Option Used
Map viewer Classic (Keep all target Features option checked)
Map viewer (Left Join option)

I've enabled the Refresh Interval time also.

Map viewer classic Webmap joins with the updated record (Layer2) when "Keep all target Features option checked" and also updates when the Layer2- error record is deleted
in the result Layer.

whereas Map viewer doesn't join with updated record.

My scope is to join with the Updated Layer-2 record with the Target layer-1

Why Map viewer-Join not able to Join with the updated record from layer2 !!!

Is this functionality of Map viewer classic not present in Map viewer.
Kindly correct me if I'm going wrong & share ur views.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

Hi 

Can you share code? so we can check and help you.

0 Kudos
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm performing the analysis in the Web Map directly using Analysis Tab --Feature Analysis --Join Operation ( Map Viewer Classic).

0 Kudos
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Hi @MANESK,

When you're running Join Features in Map Viewer Classic, are you choosing to create a Hosted Feature Layer View Join (by having this button checked?):

AmandaRing_1-1719424393272.png

If so, that option is not available in the Join Features tool in Map Viewer.

If you do need your result to update as your input data updates, there's now a new way to create a hosted feature layer view from a join, located on the item details page of your target layer. You can check out the documentation here and this great blog post about the new method.

AmandaRing_3-1719424547752.png

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks  Amanda for spending your valuable time. The link you mentioned( two blog posts) refers to ArcGIS Online.

Here I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 . Would it be a different methodology for Enterprise!!

Also I tried the steps mentioned in the blogs... But i have no luck . It throws error while adding the joining layer. I have attached the error snap shot for your reference.

0 Kudos
LaurenBallantyne
Esri Contributor

Hi @MANESK,

Thank you for your question about join views. The error you're running into in the new create view workflow from the item details page is a known limitation with Enterprise versions 11.2 and below for layers with ownership-based access control. Support for your workflow was added in 11.3, but please see this documentation for more details.

0 Kudos
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @LaurenBallantyne . I'll refer the mentioned documentation.

0 Kudos