Deploy Map Service on Window Authentication Enabled Portal

Jump to solution
10-03-2018 08:59 AM
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

I have set up an ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 on Server A, also ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1 on Server B. Then I have federated Server A to Server B and enabled integrated window authentication on Server B. Now, I need window domain account to login ArcGIS Server.

But the problem is that I need to update one of the map service on Server A. I cannot open connection to Server A on ArcCatalog, also deployed the updated mxd as map service in ArcMap. Are there any ways to deploy map services on window authentication enabled ArcGIS Server? Or I need to disable window authentication temporarily?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you're an admin or publisher, use the admin URL used to federate within the parameter for the URL of the connection and leave the username and password blank. That should let you connect using whatever account you're using to start ArcCatalog.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you're an admin or publisher, use the admin URL used to federate within the parameter for the URL of the connection and leave the username and password blank. That should let you connect using whatever account you're using to start ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help. Your solution worked, I have succeeded to update the map service

0 Kudos