Data store fail installation

05-25-2017 03:42 AM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all

I tried to create data store and get the attached error.

Portal, server and two web adapters 10.5 are all installed on the same machine and are working.

I can see the service of data store running and I can see the ArcGISDatastore.exe running.

I can see many postgress.exe processes running.

I follow this: Create a data store—Installation Guides | ArcGIS Enterprise  and fail on step 6.

It works for 5-7 minutes and give the error you can see in the attachment.

Any ideas?

I am trying to create the relational data store only.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mody,

I checked with Dev team and they haven't seen type of error before. The pg_restore operation suggests you are trying to re-install on a machine that had postgreSQL or the ArcGIS Data Store on it previously. Can you please open a support incident so they can take a look further?

Hope this finds you well,

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

In one of my tries I uninstall datastore but I still see the PostgreSQL executable's running in my task manager.

I used the task manager to see where the process came from (I also had the idea that some other PostgreSQL exists on the same machine) but the source of the process was the portal directory.

Thanks

Mody

0 Kudos
LaurenceClinton
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

From step six on the configuration, what error do you see from the Configuration Wizard?  Also, what is the operating system in which you note the behavior?  Is the software installed on the default c:\drive or an NTF share, or other?

Thanks,

Laurence

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Server + portal + data store all installed on the same server 2012 R2 machine.

The server was installed using a domain user that has access to all disks (local and network disks). I saved the user details into XML and used the same XML when creating the portal and data store so they all use the same user.

The server service (and exe in the task manager) is owned by that user but the portal and data store services (and processes) are owned by local system.

Data store is working with no problem on a win7 machine connected to the server/portal on the server but installing the data store on the server itself just try to configure forever (I killed the web page after over 10 minutes).

No logs was created this time (but all other directory was created).

It looks like it cannot access the server. The server is federated and hosted by the portal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LaurenceClinton
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

Please do the following:

1) Open command line as admin

2) cd to the tools directory located in the data store install directory (e.g. c:\Program files\ArcGIS\Datastore\tools)

3) Run configureserviceaccount

Usage: "configureserviceaccount [--username username] [--password password]

Manually type in the correct user / password previously attempted with the Server XML file (use only with ArcGIS Server)

4) Afterwards check the data store service and confirm that this user as opposed to the local system user is utilized

5) Retry the Configuration Wizard

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Laurence

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

The service owner did changed but it still just hang there.

I will try to install fiddler to find out what its try to do.

Thanks

0 Kudos