Data Frame Time - Removing Date from the Text

04-02-2012 03:16 AM
BerkA_
by
New Contributor
Hi,

I have only one day at my data frame (i.e. 27 May 2010), but different times (between 06:00 and 09:00). That's why, I only want the time (06:00,) to be displayed in the data frame time without the day, as it is not changing. The output looks kile as follows;
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13171[/ATTACH]

The text under the properties of the data frame time appears as;
"Time: <dyn type="dataFrame" name="Layers" property="time" emptyStr="[off]"/>"

It is written under "About Formatting Text" that the displayed dynamic text could be changed by adjusting the emptyStr field. However, there is very little information on adjusting this emptyStr option, so I could not find an answer.

Would you please help me to remove the day showing on the Data Frame Time?

Thanks in advance,
Berk
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Berk,

It seems as using data frame times is possible when you have some time-enabled layers added to a map. Is it the case?
There is a time dynamic text tag. Thought what would happen if you'd combined the format parameter of the time tag with the dyn type "data frame"?

"Time: <dyn type="dataFrame" name="Layers" property="time" format="hh:mm tt" emptyStr="[off]"/>"
0 Kudos
CameronBrown
New Contributor III
Berk,

It seems as using data frame times is possible when you have some time-enabled layers added to a map. Is it the case?
There is a time dynamic text tag. Thought what would happen if you'd combined the format parameter of the time tag with the dyn type "data frame"?

"Time: <dyn type="dataFrame" name="Layers" property="time" format="hh:mm tt" emptyStr="[off]"/>"

I also have this problem.  I have tried adding the format tag after the time property with no success.  Is there a solution to this?
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
If tags aren't doing it, I'd separate the date & time into two fields in the attribute table.
0 Kudos