Custom URL for Experience Builder?

08-31-2022 10:54 AM
JoanneStarr
New Contributor III

I am building an application using the Experience Builder on Portal. I know on Sites, you can change the URL Domain in the settings. Is there something similar for Experience builder? Currently it defaults to a long ID and page number. For ease of access, it would be helpful to use a shorter URL. 

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out Experience Builder Developer Edition. This allows you to deploy your experience to your webserver at the URL of your choosing.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

Joanne,

for our Public facing apps (no login required) we use an iframe to embed our Web AppBuilder apps into a simple HTML page.  Then the HTML page is hosted on our web server.  This will work for Experience Builder apps too.  We prefer to NOT use the developer edition to keep things simple.  Have a look at the source for this page and you will see what I mean - https://geonb.snb.ca/geonb/

Bernie.

JoanneStarr
New Contributor III

Im not sure this would work in my instance since we are using a smart card login system behind a firewall. 

Our network is so locked down, they have even disabled the "inspect source" on all browsers. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The added complexity is well worth the added control and early access to new widgets, I think.

The Dev edition can take a few more minutes to set up, but when it comes to actually using the thing, it behaves identically to the AGOL version, and gets you earlier access to new widgets (Print widget, anyone?), in case you're stuck at an older version of Portal, where your built-in EB is going to be months behind.

Deployment isn't difficult, either, and gives you the added benefit of retaining prior versions. There's no way to undo things after clicking "Publish" in the standard EB, but with the Dev edition, you can keep and roll back to any prior version you want.

If you have more than one person working on your Experience, you can actually combine EB with a source version control tool like Git to manage and merge concurrent work, too.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos