Clone non-hosted feature services between development and production portals

267
4
08-13-2020 08:05 AM
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I'm exploring the glorious ArcGIS Python API and am trying to think how I can clone WebMaps and Web Apps from test to production portal.

the guide here Cloning Content | ArcGIS for Developers  is extremely good but is more based on having hosted-feature services feeding the web map, rather than traditional feature services published from a registered data store.

Has anyone got any ideas or experience of this?

Thanks!

4 Replies
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Hey David,

See this document by Jake Skinner.

I've used his source code, and modified it to meet my needs.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13762-copy-content-between-portals 

By the way, congratulations on being the top newest GeoNet new member contest winner!

What an achievement!

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Awesome thanks Andres, I'll need to delve into those tools.

How have you found matching up the URLs and what looks like incremental content references in the config of Web Maps/Apps etc in Test and Prod?

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

It is certainly manageable using AGO assistant, but even better once scripted.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Andres Castillo‌ I'm finally back round to this again.
I've been trying fruitlessly to get the code here https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13762-copy-content-between-portals  to work, the zip has the python file but the toolbox is empty for me.  I've changed all the parameters back to hardcoded but there's no comments on the syntax etc of the parameters - which is where I think i'm going wrong.

All the modules are imported correctly I believe (after fun setting up a 3.7 environment as 3.8 wasn't supported..)

this is for the CopyMapsApps script:

the code runs, grabs a token for each portal but then has no completion messages and finally exits with 'deleting connections'

I'm not sure what the param 'content' is meant to be, and may be wrong on 'targetOwner' and 'targetFolder'.

This is a major headache so if you had a copy of your code (minus login details etc of course ) or any insights you would make my week!

0 Kudos