Change Portal home page to Sites

08-12-2021 08:10 AM
Labels (2)
RezaTehranifar2
New Contributor III

Our team is in the process of creating and deploying a sites page for our organization's users. We are wondering if there is any settings or source file we can have the sites as the default homepage instead of the portal. For example if the user is on any maps or apps and they select home, it would redirect to the sites page and not the homes page. If we can extend this and somehow redirect other portal pages like gallery, content, etc, that would be great. Our concern is the redundancy which can lead to confusion on part of users who are not GIS or ESRI saavy.

Tags (3)
9 Replies
EricAndersen1
New Contributor II

Good question, and I am wondering the same thing.  Sites is a good option to tailor content to specific groups, but to have users needing to land on the home page and then click to get to the site seems redundant.

VickiKramer1
New Contributor II

We are looking to do the exact thing with our portal.  We would like to assign each member to login to their site instead of to the homepage.  Have you heard from anyone how to do this?

0 Kudos
RezaTehranifar2
New Contributor III

We updated to 11.1 and still dont have this option available. Understand why they don't allow for this. But makes for a good option.

0 Kudos
VickiKramer1
New Contributor II
I would really like this option. It would be so nice to have our members login and just land on their site page and not have to worry about all of the other departments and other areas that they have no interest in.

0 Kudos
EricAndersen1
New Contributor II

The workaround I used was to apply a http redirect in IIS manager that redirects traffic from the main portal page to the main sites page. 

VickiKramer1
New Contributor II

But you were not able to redirect individuals to their own site, correct?

0 Kudos
EricAndersen1
New Contributor II

That's correct, the redirect applies to all users.  

0 Kudos
VickiKramer1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
KearaMcKay1
New Contributor

Hi there, with your move to 11.1, is the homepage default set up similar to the newest AGOL version? Create a great home page for your organization (esri.com)

0 Kudos