We are trying to get this WMTS to work in our enterprise environment: https://ows.asitvd.ch/wmts?
We get an error when we add it as a layer in portal for arcgis (it cannot add the service as it does not seem to recognize the URL) . It works fine in open AGOL, ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.
We tried the following:
- Updating the proxy hosts Security>Config>Update Security Configuration
- Trying to add the WMTS as a basemap in portal
- As we are in a very strict IT infrastructure we gave our IT department the URLs we need to access for mapping: everything is ok on their side
- we added https://ows.asitvd.ch from trusted servers in the portal but it didn't work either
- we queried the following url: https://webadaptor.domain/portal/sharing/checkURL.jsp?url=https://ows.asitvd.ch/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapab... We got the following results:
"httpStatusMessage": "HTTP/1.1 200 ok",
Did some of you got a similar issue? I still think that there is an issue with the allowProxyHost in the portal configuration but I am not sure how to solve it.
Thanks for your help!
Can you check the browser Network tab when that error occurs? There is likely a request being sent to the WMTS server or to Portal silently that is returning an error.
I was able to add the service to a web map in my Portal 10.7.1 environment just fine, I used the URL below.
If you can share the error or URL that is failing, I may have some other ideas.
I'm working with Melanie on this issue.
One thing is fixed : we had a problem of recognition of the Sectigo certificate used by th service on the Portal hosted server. The link wasn't secure.
We can reach this URL : https://ows.asitvd.ch/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml and read the content of the service
But we still don't reach the service on our Portal.
And I don't understand why.
I'm having the same issue for my ArcGIS Enterprises 10.8.1, I was able to add WMTS a few years ago (maybe prior 10.8.1 version) but not lately. It worked fine on ArcGIS Online and in ArcCatalog. I got the following error when I tried to add WMTS to my Portal, "The WMTS service, https://xxxxxxx/wmts, can't be added to the map. It's either not available or you have entered an invalid URL for the type of layer you want to reference."