Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot access map service layers in Portal Webmap App

12-16-2022 03:16 PM
TimHayes3
Frequent Contributor

I have a map service (named Map Service A) published in ArcGIS for Server 10.6.1. Its behind our firewall. We use SSO.

In ArcGIS Server Manager - Manage Services, the Sharing Properties for the service are checked for everyone (public) and enterprise GIS. All the Map Services have same sharing properties.

Under Content in Portal for ArcGIS, I bring this map service into a Map Viewer. I add two other map services as layers (from same source and named Map Service B and Map Service C). I configure the Map Viewer in Portal and save it. I share the webmap with Organization.

I then use the web appbuilder (in Portal) to create a new web map app.

When I open the web map app I can access all the layers from the Map Services.

However, when someone else opens the web map app a pop up message says that the layers in the Map Services cannot be accessed.

With all the Map Services having the same Sharing Properties, the webmap and webmap app having same sharing properties (organization), what could be the issue with others not being able to access the Map Services? I can access all the Map Services with no issues.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Are the servers federated with the ArcGIS Enterprise or stand alone.  The only thing I see in all of this is that normally you share permissions for the web services in Portal, not in Server Manager.   However, if you're using referenced services then the security model will still be assigned inside of Server Manager.

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
TimHayes3
Frequent Contributor

The servers are federated. I checked my role, I am a Viewer in Portal, whereas in our AGOL I am an Admin. I think I need to at least be at least a Publisher - User in Portal if I plan to publish services and share content in the federated environment. I think this could be the issue, what do you think?

(I am relatively new to this organization and still learning their set up). 

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

Tim

I would for sure change that Portal role to Publisher. I think you are on the right track

Dan 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
TimHayes3
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I know Portal is federated with our AGIS Server Manager. AGOL is separate, obviously.

I bet this issue has something do with permissions in ADFS. I will work with our network admin to try and resolve it. 

0 Kudos