Can't add CSV layer with address components to Portal 10.2.2

12-04-2014 10:01 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

According to this I am supposed to be able to add a csv file with address (City, State, Zip, etc) components, and Portal for ArcGIS can geocode those locations and add them as a layer to the map.  I can do this with CSVs with point (lat/lon) coordinates just fine, but whenever I try with address components, I get an error that says: "File does not seem to contain fields with point coordinates."  I have tried with Esri's default geocoder as well as my own (which supports city/state geocoding) but it still doesn't work.  I can accept if this functionality isn't supported in Portal, but the documentation clearly says it does.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? (Also, I tested the same in ArcGIS for Organizations, and it worked, so there is no problem with my CSV).  I have also tried using the Add from File button in Portal, but I get the same error. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're not using your own locator service, you'll need to configure portal to use the Esri world geocoder.

To do that, you'd need to add http://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/world/geocodeserver as an item in portal and save it with your ArcGIS.com credentials saved (because Geocoding costs credits).

You'd then use the portal item as the geocoder in your organization settings.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos