Bookmarks in Web App

Jump to solution
11-12-2018 05:07 AM
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I added the bookmark widget to a web mapping application created in Portal for Arcgis and added some bookmarks ,however when accessed from another PC all the bookmarks which were created don't show up. When I go back to the PC from which the bookmarks were created , I can see them. 

Any idea why that is? 

regards

Gideon 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gideon,

> I added the bookmark widget to a web mapping application created in Portal for Arcgis and added some bookmarks, however when accessed from another PC all the bookmarks which were created don't show up. 

Based on your description and mention of "widget", I believe you are referring to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS within Portal for ArcGIS, and using the Bookmark widget.

FYI, when you create new bookmarks using the Bookmark widget, the bookmarks are only saved in your web browser cache. So the behavior you're seeing is expected.

As a workaround, I suggest you define your spatial bookmarks as a property of the web map. E.g., Set these in the Portal Map Viewer - these bookmarks will persist in the Web AppBuilder app when opened in different web browsers.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gideon,

> I added the bookmark widget to a web mapping application created in Portal for Arcgis and added some bookmarks, however when accessed from another PC all the bookmarks which were created don't show up. 

Based on your description and mention of "widget", I believe you are referring to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS within Portal for ArcGIS, and using the Bookmark widget.

FYI, when you create new bookmarks using the Bookmark widget, the bookmarks are only saved in your web browser cache. So the behavior you're seeing is expected.

As a workaround, I suggest you define your spatial bookmarks as a property of the web map. E.g., Set these in the Portal Map Viewer - these bookmarks will persist in the Web AppBuilder app when opened in different web browsers.

Hope this helps,

GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

You were absolutely right!!!! Great! thanks so much! 

0 Kudos