Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto share data with user's group

06-12-2024 08:43 AM
CW-GIS
by
New Contributor III

I have users and each user is a member of a group (let's say it's always 1:1 for now)

Is it possible whenever a user creates/uploads data to portal, that it automatically shares it with their group?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CW-GIS
by
New Contributor III

We have Pro, what do you mean with the 'external sharing feature'?

0 Kudos
JonathanMcD
Occasional Contributor

I completely get the ask, however, it's not great as a solution in allowing a user to publish data from Pro/local and not being given the chance to manipulate any info etc prior to sharing to a group.

Really should be dealt with by ensuring a Creator is fully aware of the scope of publication and where they want to share with colleagues, they ensure the appropriate group is selected.

I have our AGOL and Portal setup in almost the exact same way:

- Each service are or Team have two groups assigned to them, one that has everyone from the team in it, then one that is an editors' group for creators to work together, create items, then publish. 
 - In portal I also have a single Organisation Group where, if users want to share information across the organisation, they can do so. I limit all my users to only being able to share to groups - no org share and certainly no public share.

This all seems to work for the 360 users we have at the moment. 

0 Kudos