ArcGIS Portal public maps asking for login credentials

08-23-2016 07:46 AM
ClairePeterson
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone could help with this issue that just popped up with our Portal. I have 2 web maps/web mapping applications that are set to be shared with "Everyone" . I copy the link over to a new browser so that I am not logged in to portal and the map begins to load, but after a few seconds the sign in screen appears and asks for a username and password.

We are at a loss as to what would be causing this as we have both "Allow access to the portal through HTTPS only" and "Allow anonymous access to your portal" checked.

7 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Taking a look at the web traffic should identify which request is throwing a token error.  Do you have Fiddler installed, or have familiarity with running the Dev Tools within your browser?  If so, take a look at each request as the webmap loads and determine if a specific request returns an error indicating a token is required.  That'll help you pinpoint why the login screen is popping up.

0 Kudos
BillDoerflein
New Contributor II

Were you able to resolve this.  I am having the exact same issue.

I want to share a map publicly through Portal and not through ArcGIS online.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The network traffic will tell you which item is not shared publicly. When you look at the JSON response, you'll see errors when a request is made for that item. You can then search for that item within the home app to figure out which it is.

0 Kudos
GISnIT
by
New Contributor

Mine is a single feature class? 

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

Any solution to this?  I am having the same issue - everything is shared as "everyone" but the embedded code for an Instant App asks for credentials

0 Kudos
SumersetEllis
New Contributor II

Were you able to find a solution? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

somewhere in the chain will be something not shared - I think I found some of the tools weren't.

0 Kudos