ArcGIS Notebook Server Docker Client

10-19-2023 08:35 AM
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey all,

I've been tasked with creating an ArcGIS Enterprise environment, and everything has been going pretty well, until I came upon the ArcGIS Notebook setup.

Past the downloads inaccurately listing the containers as Windows when they can only be ran on Linux systems, I was finally able to get the server federated and now I've been faced with this issue here:

CodyPatterson_2-1697729220061.png

Below is the system as well, this can be adjusted at will, machine blanked intentionally:

CodyPatterson_4-1697729684649.png

Nothing that I've done so far has resolved this, here are some things I have done:

Restarted Notebook Server

Closed and reopened Notebook

Ensured status health check is true

Ensured that I can access Notebook server through Web Adaptor

Ensured properties list useWindowsContainers - True

Ensured proper ports are open, 11443, 6443, and 7443 just to be safe

Followed docker and Mirantis installation thoroughly

Completely wiped server and restarted, twice

Something noted is that no containers are present:

CodyPatterson_3-1697729513490.png

Any help would be incredibly appreciated, I've heard that support calls are 6+ hours typically and wanted to reach out to the community before doing so.

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of Enterprise / Notebook Server was installed?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Great question, sorry for not including, both are version 11.1, ArcGIS Server Advanced, ArcGIS Notebook Standard.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

I've continued to troubleshoot, but to no avail, support may be the only option at this point.

Could this possibly be related to lack of computer hardware and shortage of resources? I imagine it may have a different error if that was the case, but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

What is the version of Windows Server NB is being installed on?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

I apologize, but I'm not sure what the NB would be referring to, if Notebooks, it is 11.1. I've also reached out to support, and at this point Docker is working, but now am facing issues to find where the /arcgis/home the docker is referencing. Support is gathering more info.

0 Kudos
JonathanTraut
New Contributor II

Is the Docker Engine service running?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @JonathanTraut 

This was eventually resolved by doing a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of all server machines.

I appreciate your question though!

0 Kudos