Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise - script to export admin reports to feature layer/table

07-22-2024 12:52 PM
Labels (2)
TarigAhmedTXHSDS
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Community,

I'm looking for a script that exports ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 admin reports to feature layer or feature table. My end goal is to create a dashboard and have the items, users, etc update automatically. 

Something like this blog: Managing ArcGIS Online Content with ArcGIS Dashboards and ArcGIS Notebooks (esri.com)

Thank you all in advance for your inputs. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is there something wrong with the example you've linked? It gives pretty detailed instructions for setting this up.

Mind you, Enterprise doesn't have the same usage stats as AGOL. The best you can do is create an entry in the hosted table every time the script runs, then plot out the change in the view count over time, grouping by itemID.

Doing some work in pandas, you could even take the most recent view count for a given item and then calculate a separate "growth" column that shows the net change between runs. Would be most useful scheduling such a thing to run at regular intervals.

We actually used to do this on a nightly basis and had a dashboard just like the one in the link, but we ultimately did not find it useful enough to keep running. We're a small enough org that we know which layers are used and which aren't.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
TarigAhmedTXHSDS
New Contributor II

Thank you, Josh., Yes, the script from the blog works like a charm. I have created a Notebook task and a Dashboard. 

I'm trying to do the same with our ArcGIS Enterprise, since I'm not a developer I'm still trying to figure it out.

Do you happened to have your old scripts handy? 

0 Kudos