Allow third-party access to publish data to Portal

04-28-2022 08:52 AM
moremeowbell
New Contributor III

I have researched the uses of OAuth 2.0, SAML, and Token Generation, but have been unable to find a solution to my issue. Ultimately, what I need is a method to allow third-party users (i.e. people who are not named users in Portal) to be able to publish data onto Portal. Right now I have a Python API script that will allow a logged in user to add items to Portal and publish those items. Is there a way that I can allow non-Portal members to use this script after some sort of authentication?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

My guess is you need to set up your script to run under a service account that is tied to a named user, however setting things up this way with Portal probably violates your ESRI user agreement.

0 Kudos
moremeowbell
New Contributor III

Do you know how I can find out if it violates the user agreement? That is not something I am looking to do.

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

I'd check in with your ESRI rep - I will say that automated service publishing is something we do all the time with standalone ArcGIS Server and it's totally fine.  Doing that in Portal is sort of a unique twist on that and I'm not quite sure what the correct path would be from a license-compliance perspective.  Hopefully there is someone from ESRI who can weigh in on this thread.