FileShare VM in Muli Machine HA deployment with Cloud Builder

08-25-2022 06:35 PM
KazemiDavood
New Contributor II

Hello Guys

Once you use cloud builder to deploy multi-machine HA it creates FileShare VM if you even check store all content and configuration in storage account. So I have two questions?

Can we remove the FileShare Machine if we store content and configuration in storage account. (As I assume that machine does not do anything)

Is there any benefit of using FileShare Machine over storage account?

Why this machine creates even we check store content and configuration in storage account? and if it just for the sharing file, why it uses windows server image to create this machine?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

When creating a Server site, there are two important parameters; where the config-store will be located and where the directories will be located. The config-store, which is where site and service configuration, security information, and other things are stored, can be in cloud storage. The directories, which store published services, output of jobs and map operations, must be on the file system. A file share will always be provisioned for a site that uses cloud storage.

0 Kudos
KazemiDavood
New Contributor II

yeah but once you deploy with cloud builder you can choose to store all config and content in azure file (storage account) rather than vm. I can see all my services directories and configs is storing in storage account rather than file share machine which is fine but I can't see any activities in FileShare machine which is created during deployment by cloud builder.

I stoped fileshare machine and all thing was working fine as well. just want to make sure that it's fine to delete this machine.

Is there any documentation in Azure Deployment via Cloud builder that tell us what is the purpose of this machine exactly if we use storage account to store all content and configuration.

Even it's using just for the sharing file, I don't understand why it's using Windows Server to share file.