Select to view content in your preferred language

Cloud builder error - password issue

06-16-2022 07:06 PM
Labels (1)
KazemiDavood
New Contributor II

Hi there

We are trying to deploy arcgis enterprise in azure using the azure cloud builder

we almost use all default value except region but everytime we end up with issue is saying:

The resource ncFileShare/DSCConfiguration of type Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions failed.
Error:- The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.
<b>VMExtensionProvisioningError</b> - VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'DSCConfiguration'. Error message: "DSC Configuration 'FileShareConfiguration' completed with error(s). Following are the first few: The password supplied to the Desired State Configuration resource MSFT_UserResource is not valid. The password cannot be null or empty. The SendConfigurationApply function did not succeed."

has any one came across the same issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanonLoughton
Esri Contributor

I have had this error but I cant remember how I solved it, sorry.

You are deploying a HA stack by the looks of it, presumably ArcGIS CloudBuilder for Azure 10.9.1 ? Fileshare failures are early in deployment as it starts with this and then moves onto other VMs/components. I guess it is the machine admin user, and it's password, that is the problem.

Generally, check:
1. All your parameters are complete, particularly any fileshare related. Post here if you want, masking out passwords and domain names.
2. CloudBuilder UI asks for admin username and password. Check the username is simple and does not violate Windows rules for usernames. For password, check that it does not use any reserved special characters or is too long for Windows passwords or Powershell / DSC limitations (do not use dollar signs $ for example).
To eliminate though, try a password with exactly 16 characters, and is only alphanumeric [a-zA-Z0-9] and has at least one of each including a capital.
e.g.: Password1234567

Shanon

ArcGIS Enterprise Admin Professional, AWS Solutions Architect Professional