Cloud Builder cannot reach fileserver

01-11-2022 12:26 PM
Labels (1)
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the problem that the cloud builder seems not to be able to resolve the dns name of the created fileserver to get the created certificate.

Has anyone seen a similar error?

We're using a standard vnet with several subnets but have added domain services and 2 DNS servers to the vnet. Could this have an impact?

Error message from deployment:

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/DeployOperations for usage details.","details":[{"code":"VMExtensionProvisioningError","message":"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'DSCConfiguration0'. Error message: \"DSC Configuration 'GISServerMultiTierConfiguration' completed with error(s). Following are the first few: Cannot convert argument \"0\", with value: \"System.Object[]\", for \"RemoveChild\" to type \"System.Xml.XmlNode\": \"Cannot convert the \"System.Object[]\" value of type \"System.Object[]\" to type \"System.Xml.XmlNode\".\" PowerShell DSC resource ArcGIS_Server failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: CreateSite Failed. Error:- Failed to create the site. The configuration store location contains server configuration files that are being used by another site. Cannot find path '\\\\fss-LAI-PROD-00\\fileshare\\Certs\\SSLCertificateForServer.pfx' because it does not exist.\"\r\n\r\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot "}]}

Markus Schenardi
Laixo AG - Zürich - Switzerland
Member of the Esri Partner Network
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

This problem is the result of adding the DNS server to the vnet configuration instead of using the AZURE default DNS. When I remove the DNS entries it works. 

Question:

In the documentation I found the hint about an optional domain controller. But is the cloud builder using the domain controller if existing and adding the new servers to the domain?

Markus Schenardi
Laixo AG - Zürich - Switzerland
Member of the Esri Partner Network
0 Kudos