Can't access Lisense Manager installed on Azure VM machine

08-10-2022 04:54 AM
Labels (1)
AhmedShehata3
New Contributor III

Greetings

I've installed an Enterprise instance 10.8.1 on Azure using the Cloud Builder. Later, I tried to install and authorize GIS Professional Basic licenses using LM 2021.1 on the Portal machine. It was installed successfully and I can see licenses available, but I can't connect to it from my ArcPro. It says "A valid ArcGIS License Manager for your Licensing Portal couldn't be found on the specified host".

Based on this article I tried the below with no joy:

1- Changing the LM hostname in the Portal Admin to "VM" or "VM.Vnet" or "public name". All didn't work. The license file was generated by the VM.Vnet as Hostname. Worth mentioning that on Machine IDs in LM it only shows the VM name in both the Hostname and Domain. 

2. Adding port 27004 to the service.txt file in VENDOR line. Also didn't work. 

The only remaining thing to do is to change the portal.machine.name in the portal-config file on the Server machine. When I checked it, it's "ENTBUILDVM.34.........INTERNAL.CLOUDAPP.NET" which I think it comes from the VM template used by the cloud builder. Not confident to change this as it may compromise the entire EGIS

Another issue is that I don't seem to be able to access Cloud Builder 10.8.1 after installing LM 2021.1

Any idea what would be the best way to solve this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Also worth noting, the license manager does not need to reside on the same network as Portal.  You can have Portal living in Azure and have the license manager on your local network.  They do not communicate with each other.  ArcGIS Pro calls out to the Portal machine through the URL address.  It than makes a separate call to the license manager through TCP/IP.  If the license manager resides on the same network as the Pro machine, there's no firewall to configure for.  Also you don't need to deal with Azure's internal/public name.  Just worth mentioning if this is an option for you.