Select to view content in your preferred language

Azure Cloud Builder 11 fails with WinRM / TrustedHosts error

09-10-2022 07:38 AM
Labels (1)
ThomasIsraelsen
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a new setup using the Azure Cloud Builder for Enterprise.

In addition to the customary initial failure after 90 minutes, the builder keeps failing on subsequent attempts like this:

Deployment Error:- The deployment encountered the following errors
The resource Portal/DSCConfiguration0 of type Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions failed.
Error:- The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.
<b>VMExtensionProvisioningError</b> - VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'DSCConfiguration0'. Error message: "DSC Configuration 'PortalConfiguration' completed with error(s). Following are the first few: The WinRM client cannot process the request. If the authentication scheme is different from Kerberos, or if the client computer is not joined to a domain, then HTTPS transport must be used or the destination machine must be added to the TrustedHosts configuration setting. Use winrm.cmd to configure TrustedHosts. Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated. You can get more information about that by running the following command: winrm help config. PowerShell DSC resource ArcGIS_Federation failed to execute Test-TargetResource functionality with error message: Unable to retrieve Portal Token for 'admin' from Deployment 'Portal.' The SendConfigurationApply function did not succeed."

Since it seems to be during federation, I added the Portal machine and the GIS Server machine to each others TrustedHosts like this:

Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 'Server'

Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 'Portal'

Did not help.

It is a standard setup. Separate machines for JumpBox, Data Store, Portal, Server, FileShare.

Is the new builder just broken?

It might work with everything on he same machine. Or if we domain-join the VMs, but that is not what I need. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies