Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder - Recommended follow up for failed deployment

Jump to solution
02-08-2023 09:20 PM
Labels (1)
JosephSia2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder to facilitate a multi machine multi-tier deployment. After waiting for 3 - hours, I'm met with this.

JosephSia2_0-1675919921280.png

My next natural instinct is to delete all resources and start again from scratch. But that would mean another 3 hours of waiting.

Does the community have any suggestion on how this can be salvaged? It's not the first time occurring for me. Links to any resources that would allow me to do it logical step by logical step to completion would be useful as well. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonAlford
New Contributor

Is your Application Gateway created successfully? Can you access the AppGateway in Azure Portal? If so check its status on the Properties page.

Perhaps try to restart the AppGateway, leave your resources as they are (do not delete any resources) and attempt the deployment from Cloud Builder again.

You can stop/start Application Gateway in a cloud shell with these commands -

$appgw=Get-AzApplicationGateway -Name gatewayName -ResourceGroupName resourceGroupName

Stop-AzApplicationGateway -ApplicationGateway $appgw
Start-AzApplicationGateway -ApplicationGateway $appgw

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonAlford
New Contributor

Is your Application Gateway created successfully? Can you access the AppGateway in Azure Portal? If so check its status on the Properties page.

Perhaps try to restart the AppGateway, leave your resources as they are (do not delete any resources) and attempt the deployment from Cloud Builder again.

You can stop/start Application Gateway in a cloud shell with these commands -

$appgw=Get-AzApplicationGateway -Name gatewayName -ResourceGroupName resourceGroupName

Stop-AzApplicationGateway -ApplicationGateway $appgw
Start-AzApplicationGateway -ApplicationGateway $appgw

0 Kudos
JosephSia2
New Contributor III

Hi,

Makes sense. I re-did it from scratch and received the same issue today.

JosephSia2_0-1676008934184.png

Will try what you recommended. Am wondering whether Cloud Builder would generate another set up if I run it again though. Guess I'm going to find out.

0 Kudos
JosephSia2
New Contributor III

And... it's done.

JosephSia2_1-1676011138761.png

Fortunately, my fear of having orphan resources were unfounded. Credit to the Cloud Builder team.

Although starting and stopping the application gateway worked for the setup, I'm now concerned of the capacity of the system since it timed out during the setup.

At any rate, better a system that hobbles than one that can't get off the ground? will be marking this as solved. Thanks SimonAlford.