Using Reconcile & Post With Subset Data

06-06-2018 08:12 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

I recently reached out to the community for help concerning reconcile & post solutions using just subset data from a child version of the Default. For our Organization, we created a child version called GIS which is directly underneath the Default version. With this child version we have all of our published web maps established for our operators to input data when they're out in the field using Collector. 

To my knowledge, and to the ESRI representative who responded to my post, we're unaware of a solution to only grabbing a subset of data, reviewing it, and then publish it to Default. The reconcile & post tool is great but it's not necessary to pull the entire feature layers data at once.  

I'm just surprised there's no solution to grabbing a subset of data, reviewing it, and then publish it to default. It seems like there's no checks and balances. In my mind being able to reconcile & post subset data is a logical solution because we have 15+ operators that are using the same child version data.

Original Post -

ArcMap 10.6 Reconcile & Post certain features for layers