Support true curve geometries in web clients

04-03-2013 02:56 PM
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
Reference:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//015400000393000000

True curve geometries are not supported by web clients. If your data has true curves, the geometry will be returned as a densified version of the true curve. If you enable this option, it will allow densified features to be applied in place of the true curve. If you disable this option, attempting to edit the true curve geometry will return an error.

5 Comments
BillFox

This year's UC 2016 reply from Jack,

Dear Bill,

Thanks very much for your feedback on the UC Survey. You are absolutely right; we are pushing web GIS to be a complete GIS but it will take a while. Currently we are working on ArcGIS Pro COGO functionality going back to the old ArcInfo days. This functionality will be released this winter and given the fact that ArcGIS Pro can be commercialized into a cloud environment, it means that GIS professionals will be able to use browsers and carry out true curves and geometric network editing from nothing more than a browser environment.

Best of luck to you, Bill, and I look forward to you having a great conference this year.

Warm regards,

Jack

JoshuaBixby

Three years from initial idea to acknowledgement in a response, I would say that is taking a while.  I will set a reminder in 2019 to revisit this one.

EzekielBaye

It's 2019, are we there yet?

JoshuaBixby

Yes and no, and I think which is more depends on which clients you are using.  The situation has evolved, and I think reviewing the documentation is better than me trying to summarize.

Editor permissions for feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

EzekielBaye

Any luck yet with true curves? The cadastral world awaits...