Portal Search Results ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

08-11-2022 09:57 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To ensure feature layers are intuitively discoverable in portal web browser it would be very useful if search results were prioritised by feature layer item name.

I understand the default search fields are title, tags, snippet, description, type, and type keywords. However the search results don’t prioritise results with the search term found in the title.

For example if I’m searching for our property layer ie feature layer 'HT Property', and I search “Property”, the 'HT Property' feature layer is not in the top three results (and in some searches the desired result is way down the list, despite having the search term in the feature layer item name).  The search apparently prioritise items with the tag 'property' or that item most recently edited.

I  know users can use an advanced search, e.g “title: Property” but that is a bit too complex for most users who just expect better search results using the default method.

2 Comments
MichaelJenkins

100% agree Title should take priority in search results over others, especially over Description.  

jill_es
Status changed to: Implemented

We are implementing the ability to "Search using related terms" in our upcoming ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 release.  We would love to hear from you if you have any further ideas regarding search functionality - thank you!