Allow to share content to groups without being a member of the group

10-18-2020 11:55 PM
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

Currently it is not possible to share content with a group to which I do not belong.

But these use case is important when using enterprise groups. 

As a GIS Administrator or Creator I want to be able to share my content to different organziational groups without being a member of each group.

Sample: 

I'm member of the GIS Department and need to create an app for Department A (to which I do not belong). 

My IT does not want to create individual enterprise groups each time when the GIS Department creates an app. 

Therefore I need to be able to share my content to the Enterprise Group "Department A"

Tags (1)
2 Comments
RobertJohansson

plz make it possible to have group admins and that they and admins have the ability to share content to groups they are not a member of in enterprise groups. 

its a big problem when using enterprise groups that you cant share to a group your not a member of as an admin, im amazed we cant do it already (10.7.1)

TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

This idea might accomplish the same thing and has been around longer. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-ideas/allow-to-share-content-to-groups-without-being...