Add *.svg to supported image types for Enterprise Sites

08-08-2019 05:03 AM
SimonKettle
Occasional Contributor III

When making sites I like to include icons and graphics (like those in this link) this is to make the site as informative and engaging as possible - the idea is I can provide an idea of what a particular feature is about through a graphic rather than a block of text.

Although it is possible and easy enough to work with *.png versions of *.svg icons there are benefits of working directly with svg files in a website. For example, the ability to control the style of the svg through CSS e.g. invert from black to white (e.g. style="filter:invert(100%;)") based on the background colour - in this case the background might be subject to change during the design of the site and changing the CSS is easier than creating another version of a *.png in say black rather than white.

Currently I can access *.svg files via writing HTML with accompanying CSS but I need to store the *.svg in a location accessible via hyperlink (e.g. src="https://www.somewhere.com/etc/icon.svg").

Will images in *.svg format be added to the list of supported data types for enterprise sites where we might be able to access and manipulate them?