Ability to Group Layers for Publishing in Portal

04-08-2021 06:58 AM
DGessman_USF
New Contributor II

Currently working with Enterprise 10.7.1. I am looking to find a workaround for being able to publish layers so that they are grouped within the Feature Service. I would also like them to still have a direct connection to our SQL. Since we have so few data editors, I am looking to do edits in PRO against our Enterprise GDB or Portal and still have that connection. 

2 Comments
Todd_Metzler

Hello,

Suggest Share a web feature layer 1st.

Here's a suggestion.  In your ArcGIS Pro project map, in the contents, highlight all the layers you want to group in one service, select Share, Web layer, Publish Web layer.  Looks like this when you are done.  Of course, my example is a hosted feature layer, but your referenced service should look the same.

ToddMetzler_0-1617895013157.png

ThomasEdghill
Status changed to: Already Offered

This functionality seems to be already offered in ArcGIS Enterprise but please let me know if I've misunderstood the request.

As @Todd_Metzler mentioned earlier, you should be able to use Pro to select multiple layers in the map, and share them grouped together in a single service to ArcGIS Enterprise. This includes feature services which reference data stored in an Enterprise Geodatabase. Pro can then be used for editing these layers. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you!