Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to create and manage relationship classes in ArcGIS Portal

12-10-2020 12:32 PM
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Portal really needs the capability to create and manage relationship classes in the web interface of ArcGIS Portal. One option is to have a way to create or manage related features or tables in the Settings tab on a feature, or map, service Item Details page. Another option that comes to mind is a new Relationship Class item type that allows you to define the relationship settings in the Settings tab on the Item Details page.

I think the solution should work for both hosted and traditional services. We currently use Relationship Classes in an Enterprise Geodatabase. However, those do not seem to be recognized when using bulk publishing, or if related features are published as two different services and added to a web map or ArcGIS Pro. 

4 Comments
John_Spence

We're getting ready to deploy portal to the org and this would be extremely helpful in making the transition easier and/or provide options in the transition that would provide a 1:1 capability.

MonicaBeaton

I'm no expert on this but the only way I can get them to work is to publish Map Services first to Portal using data that have Relationship Classes defined in the geodatabase. Then the Pop-up configuration will then recognize that there is related table data.

I have Web Maps being consumed by Web Apps with multiple Map Services added in with multiple feature classes each for organizing the data categories.

Now just trying to learn Arcade to make the Pop-ups more functional, this is definitely a headache!

DLynch_GCWATER

It would be great if bulk publishing and syncing from enterprise geodatabase to enterprise portal would maintain/include relationship classes set-up in ArcPro.

Sarah_Hanson
Status changed to: Under Consideration