Select to view content in your preferred language

Lost GPS points

05-07-2021 06:40 AM
AlexandruSAS
New Contributor

Hi, I recorded in ArcGis Earth on ios, gps points for a day in the field, and at the end of the day, when I wanted to transmit them on the pc, all my gps points disappeared, I didn't delete anything.
That day I updated ios, but Apple says that's not the cause
How can I recover these lost gps points? Doesn't sync automatically?
Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jiarry
by
New Contributor

Hi, Did you finish and save your recording?  You can find all your saved tracks in "My Tracks" page.

0 Kudos
AlexandruSAS
New Contributor

I saved, they were visible on the "My Tracks" page, but after a few hours, after an update, they disappeared.
I continued to use the application and add new points, I noticed that all the points in "My Tracks" are deleted by themselves after a while, I think it's a problem on this side!

Than You!

0 Kudos
Jiarry
by
New Contributor

What‘s the iOS version of your phone before the update?

0 Kudos
AlexandruSAS
New Contributor

Was iOS 14.5

Now 14.5.1

Thank You

0 Kudos
Jiarry
by
New Contributor

Is there any system messages during the upgrade, such as insufficient memory?

0 Kudos
AlexandruSAS
New Contributor

There was no message about the memory or or anything...

Thank You

0 Kudos
Jiarry
by
New Contributor
Sorry to hear that you may have lost some data collected from earlier session. To help us understand that your GPS data may not appear in the collection, could you elaborate on how you were transmitting it to the PC and what directory or folder you are looking at during the process? Some more details of your workflow could help us narrow down the cause of the problem. Although we could be less certain about the actual culprit of the behavior without knowing the exact status of the app and the system at the time of the incidence, one possible thing I could relate is that in certain cases where the device may run out of storage, the system automatically purge data in the app during the upgrade. If that's the case, it's less promising that data could be restored. We will be making enhancement for avoiding such situation in the future. Thanks!
0 Kudos
AlexandruSAS
New Contributor

Hello,

Usually I send these data to the PC by sending them by email in .kmz format, I noticed that it is the only option.
Since the date of this incident, I have continued to work in the application, and I send the data regularly by email.
The problem persists, the data is deleted by itself, the application disconnects me from the ArcGis account, and at this moment the data is lost from my collection
It is interesting how the application automatically disconnects you at a given time...

So I think the IOs update is not the source of the problem, there is a problem in the application with automatic disconnection, and therefore data loss...

Thank You!

0 Kudos