Select to view content in your preferred language

Are there step by step instructions for configuring the config.xml file for ArcGIS Earth?

04-27-2020 01:28 PM
JeremyBone
New Contributor

I am trying to setup a default view for ArcGIS Earth for a customer in another country.  I want to configure ArcGIS Earth to open to a default MapService and basemap already configured so they don't have to try and figure out how to step through and pick out a basemap.  We have a bit of a language barrier.  I have been looking at the config.xml, and I have tried to put in my MapService into the startupLayers section.  I have also tried to put it in the organizationalBasemaps section without any change.  Are there any other step by step instructions with some fictional examples on how I would configure this file available?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

There is an online document to describe how to configure application parameters. Please check if this is helpful for you? Administrator configuration—ArcGIS Earth | Documentation 

From your description, please be aware that there is a `visible` parameter. Please make sure its value is `True`.

If you still have issues, could you please help to figure out and share a screenshot? In this way, we could enhance the config description to make it more clear. Thanks.

Thanks,

Xuewen

0 Kudos
JeremyBone
New Contributor

Great, thank you for the information, Xuewen!

0 Kudos