ArcGIS Earth not rendering 3D layers

05-14-2021 05:58 AM
IzzyMcLees
New Contributor II

I have been trying to set up ArcGIS Earth to view my web scenes that are stored on ArcGIS Enterprise, however none of the 3D layers are showing - this inludes a number of slpks and an extruded city model (buildings).

I am only seeing the the 2D layers so the footprints of the buildings (not extuded) and 2D lines. The names of all the layers are shown in the data legend.

Does anyone know how I can get the 3D layers to show?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bing_AnChen
Esri Contributor

Hey Izzy,

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you may encountered some render issues. Could you provide one of your sample data to us via ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com ? Having the specific data would help Earth team to locate the problem faster.
Additionally, as an ArcGIS Enterprise user, having a related support ticket would help us to synchronize up the fix in the shortest time.

Best,
Bing'An

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi IzzyMcLees,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, ArcGIS Earth (v1.13) have below known limitation for Web Scene or Scene Layers:

1. Only Globe Scene is supported. Local Scene with projection is not supported yet.
  2. 3D Object, Integrated Mesh, Point, and Point Cloud scene layers are supported. However, Building Scene Layer is not supported yet.
  3. Only WGS84 spatial reference for Scene Layers is supported. Web Mercator and other non-WGS84 spatial references for Scene Layers are not supported yet.

Hope this related information helps. If your data is not included in those cases, please help to share your data with us at your convenience via ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com

Thanks,

Xuewen