AGOL features searchable in arcEarth?

08-05-2019 04:36 AM
JonDouglas
New Contributor III

Is there talks (or am I missing) the ability to search by attributes from feature classes displayed in the map?

My application is serving up a lot of survey data through AGOL (arcgis online) to a lot of users at my company, but is becoming slower by the day because data is constantly being loaded in across three states in the Southeast.

arcEarth seems to handle the display better, but is of limited use if the user can't search by attributes to find a landmark like they are able in AGOL.

Any recommendations or product upgrade coming?

I believe arcEarth can be a great tool with a few tweaks, looking forward to providing more feedback to help steer it.

Jon Douglas

3 Replies
JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for your interest in ArcGIS Earth. For now, it is not possible to search by attributes. Do you need hosted feature layers, ArcGIS Server feature or map service layers with Query enabled searchable?  If there are more user cases shared, it will definitely help us design and prioritize. 

Feel free to share to me at Jdu@esri.com

Best,

Jasmine

0 Kudos
JonDouglas
New Contributor III

Jasmine, thanks for replying. I suppose the ultimate is to have all the above. If I had to choose one first, it would be AGOL hosted feature layers.

0 Kudos
BrettLessner
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is a must have. Please, please, please, add in the ability to search for features/attributes coming from a feature service (AGOL Hosted and ArcGIS Server) .

0 Kudos