Select to view content in your preferred language

Incorrect range of digital values in output of Thermal Orthomosaic

2 weeks ago
FranciscoCáceresClavero
New Contributor II

I am trying to process an orthomosaic from thermal images captured by a Workswell WIRIS Pro camera. My images are in radiometric TIFF format, and the digital pixel values ​​are in the range of 5000 to 7000 approx.
However, the digital values ​​of the output orthomosaic only vary in a range between 19 and 26. I suppose I have to modify some configuration parameter for the output to be correct. Can someone help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @FranciscoCáceresClavero

We don't have any testing data for that specific camera model, but it sounds like it is processing for you and possibly also doing the thermal temperature calculation. In cases where a drone is not supported for thermal processing yet in Drone2Map the true ortho result will only be the pixel values. We are able to add support for new thermal cameras though so if you are willing to share the data I can take a look to see what might be going on with the processing. Please feel free to email me so we can setup a shared folder: mbarker@esri.com

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Francisco

Do those values appear to be incorrect for your project site, assuming the pixels represent temperature in degrees Celsius?   I was going to show you that you can convert temperature units to Fahrenheit under Settings

CodyBenkelman_0-1718992549638.png

...but I assume this project is in Spain, and you'd want Celsius.  (Note if you change units, you would have to reprocess).  

Were you hoping to create a mosaic showing the original pixel values, from 5000 to 7000?

Cody B

0 Kudos