Select to view content in your preferred language

ERRROR 999999 Genereate point cloid failed, D2M won't make DSM or DTM

01-18-2023 05:23 PM
DanielShelby
New Contributor

Hello! 

I am a new user to D2M. When I add images to a project, D2M stops before making a DSM or DTM and gives error message.

[Processing][0][Error] Generate point cloud failed
[Processing][0][Error] ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.

I was able to make these products on a different system with the same pictures. Has anyone had a similar problem?  ESRI support said that since I got it working on another computer, it is outside the scope of their support. It would be a major bummer to do all my processing on my laptop so I might have to use different software.

Cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielShelby
New Contributor

I seem to have resolved the issue. I have a Ryzen 9 3950x CPU with 16 cores and 2 threads per core for a total of 32 threads. By default, Drone2map had CPU threads set to 32, however I can successfully generate DTMs and DSMs if I reduce the number of CPU threads to 23 or less. I hope this helps someone out there because I was quite frustrated. 

tomkor
by
New Contributor II

I have a workstation with two Intel Xeon processors (28 physical cores/56 logical cores) and I have the same problem with DSM/DTM generation.

Generating Point Cloud (phase 2)...
Start Time: Monday, January 8, 2024 9:02:54 PM
Distributing operation across 28 parallel instances.
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Failed to execute command. [GenerateDSM.exe]
Failed to execute (GeneratePointCloud).
Failed at Monday, January 8, 2024 9:05:32 PM (Elapsed Time: 2 minutes 38 seconds)

On a machine with one processor, everything is OK. DSM and DTM products are generated.

0 Kudos