Drone2map failing immediately after pressing start

03-04-2021 06:28 AM
DroneTester
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am currently testing out Drone2Map to determine whether a full licence will be useful. I have installed it yesterday, downloading the most recent version.

However, when I follow this guide:
https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-drone2map-for-arcgis/

At the step where I press "start", the processing fails immediately, giving no information on the cause.

DroneTester_0-1614867968450.png

DroneTester_1-1614868083225.png

The timestamped log files are entirely empty, and the "ProjectLog.log" states only the following:

[Project][1][Info] Start Processing For Project Building Development Project
[Misc][0][Error] Processing Failed

The OS used is Windows 10 Enterprise, and the .NET Framework 4.8 has been installed.

If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks in advance!
- DroneTester

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you using the images from the Exercise Datasets of Learn ArcGIS? i hope you have enough space in your hard drive.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DroneTester
New Contributor

I am indeed. (Edit: I am using the drone_images.zip from said article, not sure if that is what you are referring to.)

Yes, this is a new SSD with 900+ GB of free space.

0 Kudos
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor

Try changing the logging level to Debug and run the processing again.  You can change the logging level in Drone2Map's general settings.

0 Kudos
DroneTester
New Contributor

There was a windows update and the bug was fixed afterwards, without any further action from my side. Sorry for not being able to provide further info, the issue is gone now.

However, I have ran into a different problem: When I want to re-open a project where I have generated the products, it gets stuck on "loading 2D map" forever.

0 Kudos