Select to view content in your preferred language

Consistent Error 999999 when running 2D templates and 3D templates

10-12-2023 09:26 AM
BrandonMcAlister
Occasional Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I am currently using 2023.1 on an Enterprise 11.1 system and I am learning how to use the software. I have tried following ESRI training course but I have ran into an Error 999999 each time I try to run the process. Most recently I attempted the training here https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-arcgis-drone2map/ and I have downloaded the data for the project. However When ever I start running the process it always fails. Here is what the process log looks like:

Drone2Map Failure.PNG

 Any suggestions on what I should do differently?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrandonMcAlister ,

Looking at the screenshot that you shared it appears that the 40 threads are still in use.

MarkBarker1_0-1700261134063.png
Would you mind sharing the project log to confirm?

I can ask around to see if we potentially have a dual CPU machine to test with. I have a suspicion that might be the issue here considering the thread count setting in the options doesn't seem like its being honored for your setup. 

If you have the time to test the dataset on the new computer to help confirm this further I would appreciate it. 

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
BrandonMcAlister
Occasional Contributor

HI @MarkBarker1 

I was able to get my new computer set up this week and ran the same dataset of 48 threads and it successfully ran. I used the exact same default settings as I was using on the old computer. Do you still want the project log from the old PC? If so where is it saved?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrandonMcAlister ,

Glad to hear that its working on the new computer as expected. Something strange is definitely going on with the old computer and how the hardware is being utilized for Drone2Map. Feel free to share out the D2M log and project log and I can try to see if I can get anything out of them. 

The D2M log can be found here: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Drone2Map\log
The project log can be found in the project folder, by default it would be something like this: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Documents\Drone2Map\Projects\<PROJECT_NAME>\Project\Logs

Feel free to post those here, they should be small enough and I can take a look at them. 

Thank you,
Mark

0 Kudos
BrandonMcAlister
Occasional Contributor

Hey @MarkBarker1 

I discovered something today on my new PC, the SLI was not activated on the new PC and once I set it up I started receiving the same error again. SLI was not active on the old PC either.

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrandonMcAlister,

Thank you for the logs and the additional testing you ran through. An SLI configuration is not something we officially support yet in Drone2Map or other ArcGIS software (Pro), which would be why you are hitting some odd errors. We are open to exploring adding in some type of support in the future if it has enough interest. If you would like to see it added, please post on our ArcGIS Drone2Map ideas forum.

Regards,
Mark

0 Kudos
BrandonMcAlister
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MarkBarker1 

I hope these will help you diagnose the issue

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos