Why does selecting "turn all fields on" under "Fields" in the "Layer Properties" dialog box make my map disappear?

10-16-2018 11:51 AM
CleaHarrelson
New Contributor

I was working on a project, and decided to unselect a number of fields to make working in the attribute table more simple. Now, I need to turn on some fields back on for a different part of my work, but when I use the little icon near the top of the dialog box to "turn all fields on" my entire map disappears and no layer can be zoomed to. The issue is only resolved if I close the map and don't save. This happens when using the "turn all fields on" button as well as when selecting fields one at a time. As soon as I hit "Apply", all my layers previously displayed just disappear. I am using ArcMap 10.5. Any and all suggestions would be wonderful!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If things are fine, when you turn them back on one at a time, it may have been a bug, but since you are working in 10.5, you might want to see if it was address in 10.6

ArcGIS 10.6 Issues Addressed List 

or you could file a bug report, but I suspect issues with the older software will normally be resolved in newer versions