Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3 - error 1310

Jump to solution
04-01-2015 09:37 AM
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

I am upgrading from ArcGIS 10.2 to ArcGIS 10.3 and I got the following error during the installation process:

Error 1310: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: <Directory>. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

I logged in as an administrator and every time I got this error message I clicked retry during the installation process. Doing that I was able to upgrade to 10.3. However when I try to open arcmap, I get the error message: ArcGIS Desktop has encounter a serious application error and is unable to continue.

Any thoughts? ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Even though you're an administrator on the machine, the windows installer performs the installation in the system context (using the system account) for installing files and other actions.

Make sure the directory in question has full control permissions for either the Everyone or the System group. Also, check the permissions for the parent folders, as their permissions may also cause this problem.

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Even though you're an administrator on the machine, the windows installer performs the installation in the system context (using the system account) for installing files and other actions.

Make sure the directory in question has full control permissions for either the Everyone or the System group. Also, check the permissions for the parent folders, as their permissions may also cause this problem.

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team