Question on upgrade to 10.4

03-29-2016 09:45 AM
AngieAllison
New Contributor II

We are currently running ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 and the desktops are the same...If I upgrade the server to 10.4 and one of the work stations (for testing), from what I have read, the other desktops still running 10.2.2, will still work correctly, is this correct?

Next question, we have a geoprocessing tool running on one of the 10.2.2 desktops, while I understand I cannot publish a geoprocessing tool from 10.2.2 to 10.4, will the one CURRENTLY on that desktop, that is has already been published run correctly?  I am probably not asking this correctly as I a new to all of this, but long story short, we are integrating Infor EAM with GIS and it has a EAM/GIS Extension published as a service, that is only known to work on 10.2.2 so far.  But I am certain that is only the Desktop version.

Tags (1)
1 Reply
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

MBURR wrote:

We are currently running ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 and the desktops are the same...If I upgrade the server to 10.4 and one of the work stations (for testing), from what I have read, the other desktops still running 10.2.2, will still work correctly, is this correct?

Next question, we have a geoprocessing tool running on one of the 10.2.2 desktops, while I understand I cannot publish a geoprocessing tool from 10.2.2 to 10.4, will the one CURRENTLY on that desktop, that is has already been published run correctly? I am probably not asking this correctly as I a new to all of this, but long story short, we are integrating Infor EAM with GIS and it has a EAM/GIS Extension published as a service, that is only known to work on 10.2.2 so far. But I am certain that is only the Desktop version.

Yes on the first question, the 10.4 License Server will support the 10.2.2 seats.

As to the second, the geoprocessing tool will continue to run on 10.2.2 desktops.  It may or may not need to be updated to run on the 10.4 desktops as you deploy.