New licenses added with LSAdmin not visible with lmutil

494
2
11-28-2017 11:28 AM
BenoitAudet
New Contributor

Hi there, I have a strange issue here, and I'm not sure I'm doing things OK...  We run here a Linux License server for ArcGIS things.  We often use the "lmutil" command to list used / available licences on the server, and it always did the trick.

Recently, we had to add new licenses to the server, and we made it via the LSAdmin GUI interface.  On the GUI, we were able to see that the total amount of licenses increased and it seems OK. In the "Availability" tab, we get something like:

Feature                Version       Expires     Total      Available

Desktop Advanced      10.1-10.2     permanent      16           13

Desktop Basic         10.1-10.2     permanent      30            7

Desktop Standard      10.1-10.2     permanent      51           40

ArcStorm              10.1-10.2     permanent      16           16

ArcStormEnable        10.1-10.2     permanent      16           16

MrSID                 10.1-10.2     permanent      16           16

Plotting              10.1-10.2     permanent      16           16

TIFFLZW               10.1-10.2     permanent      16           16

VBA                   10.1-10.2     permanent      60           23  

However, when performing this command:

./lmutil lmstat -a -c ./service.txt

it looks like the new licenses aren't showing...  The "service.txt" hasn't changed.  We rebooted the license server, and nothing append.  Here's what append in the comandline:

# ./lmutil lmstat -a -c ./service.txt | grep Users
Users of ACT: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of ARC/INFO: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 5 licenses in use)
Users of ArcStorm: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of ArcStormEnable: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of Editor: (Total of 11 licenses issued; Total of 11 licenses in use)
Users of MrSID: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of Plotting: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of TIFFLZW: (Total of 16 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of VBA: (Total of 60 licenses issued; Total of 38 licenses in use)
Users of Viewer: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 23 licenses in use)

As far as I can tell, the "Desktop Standard" and "Users of Editor" refers to the same product...  We added 40 licenses, so in the "LSAdmin" GUI, we now see 51 total licenses available, but in the commandline "lmutil", it only shows 11 licences total yet.

Any clues on what we may not do correctly?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
grantnovak1
New Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue and hoping someone responds with a solution. It's not enough for me to know whether a license is available. I use lmutil to tell me the user name of everyone logged on. This is helpful in our small company for agile scheduling so i hope this functionality hasn;t gone away with the jump from 10.4 to 10.5.

0 Kudos
DanielleBruno-Favreau
New Contributor

We had the same issue.  Our issue was that the licenses were not correctly attached to the license server machine ID.  (When we went into myESRI and checked our license server machine ID, it did not list all of our licenses.)  ESRI Customer Service had to reset our licenses.  Then we reauthorized all of our licenses.  Best of Luck.

0 Kudos