Licensing 10.6 alongside 10.2.1

Jump to solution
07-13-2018 10:13 AM
TheodoreRakel
Occasional Contributor

My client has 10 Desktop Advanced licenses for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1.  I'm testing installing ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 at the client's site.  I couldn't use the existing license server, so I installed License Manager 10.6.  I assume I need a new license file for at least 1 10.6 seat in order to continue.  Is that correct?  Can I use the client's existing license file in a 10.6 environment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

The EFL numbers did not changed between 10.1 and 10.6

10.2 client can use 10.6 license manager but as you found out client 10.6 cannot use license manager 10.2

The best way is to have one license manager in the newest version and then all clients can use it.

You can try to upgrade the 10.2 license manager to 10.6 and hope it will save the licenses.

A better way is to deauthorize the license from 10.2 and then authorize the same numbers on the 10.6 license manager

Have fun

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

The EFL numbers did not changed between 10.1 and 10.6

10.2 client can use 10.6 license manager but as you found out client 10.6 cannot use license manager 10.2

The best way is to have one license manager in the newest version and then all clients can use it.

You can try to upgrade the 10.2 license manager to 10.6 and hope it will save the licenses.

A better way is to deauthorize the license from 10.2 and then authorize the same numbers on the 10.6 license manager

Have fun

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Mody,

You are not wrong with your assessment.  However, doing so will violate the customer license agreement.  If a customer stopped paying maintenance at version 10.2, the customer can only use ArcGIS Desktop and License Manager up to that version.  If you need to test ArcMap 10.6, you will need a license for 10.6 or higher.