Select to view content in your preferred language

License server machine down or not responding

01-19-2015 08:12 PM
LindseySmith2
New Contributor

What does the error code: -96 do? It's not letting me access my downloaded ArcGIS 10.1 software. An icon pops up, which I have attached a picture of it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JérémiePedoia
New Contributor III

Hello !

Did you install you licence on your License Administrator ?

Start your License Administrator and please check if your concurrent license is enabled.

It appears that if you seek a concurrent license, no server is defined to search a license on.

'HOSTNAME: NOT_SET'

'LICENSE PATH: @NOT_SET'

0 Kudos
LindseySmith2
New Contributor

How do i start my license administrator to install the license?

0 Kudos
JérémiePedoia
New Contributor III

You have a programm called ArcGIS Administrator installed with ArcGIS for Desktop Suite.

Please see >there<.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Lindsey,

Do you know whether your ArcGIS for Desktop license is a Single Use seat or is actually a Concurrent/Floating license pool seat?

Only the later requires services of the ArcGIS License Manager.

Your seat is presently set to be a concurrent use license seat--and the error -96, is simply showing that no license server has been identified or can be found.

If you instead should authorize and use a Single Use license--the changes are made from the ArcGIS Administrator -> Desktop panel. Make a selection of the correct radio button for the type of license you have.  The 90-day trials would be Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use.   The License Manager is not needed and if installed can be uninstalled.

Post back if that is not clear.

Stuart

0 Kudos