FlexNET Event Codes

Jump to solution
01-25-2018 09:17 AM
DavidShoemate
New Contributor II

Is anyone familiar with the FlexNET event codes found in the licensing event log? I'm having trouble opening any desktop products and found the following event code: 2000001d. On other machines, there are multiple codes logged, but this is the only one I see. ArcGIS Administrator eventually finds my single use license if I leave it open for awhile. I've gone through full uninstalls / reinstalls which will fix things for a short time, but soon enough the application hangs on initializing license. I'm sure this is an issue for tech support, but was curious is there is a key for event log codes and messages.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Try the patch below.  It updates the Flexnet Licensing server which fixes a security issue mentioned in the article.  It also repairs the trusted storage.  It's possible the trusted storage may have become corrupt based on your description of the behavior of the ArcGIS Administrator.  If so, the hot fix should resolve the.  If not, there may be other issues.  Esri Technical Support is a good starting point.  As for the event codes, they are strictly for Flexera and only they have the tools to decrypt it.

ArcGIS Security Update for Flexera CVE-2016-10395 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Try the patch below.  It updates the Flexnet Licensing server which fixes a security issue mentioned in the article.  It also repairs the trusted storage.  It's possible the trusted storage may have become corrupt based on your description of the behavior of the ArcGIS Administrator.  If so, the hot fix should resolve the.  If not, there may be other issues.  Esri Technical Support is a good starting point.  As for the event codes, they are strictly for Flexera and only they have the tools to decrypt it.

ArcGIS Security Update for Flexera CVE-2016-10395 

0 Kudos
DavidShoemate
New Contributor II

That did the trick. Thank you!

0 Kudos