Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Personal Use

Jump to solution
02-11-2020 06:26 PM
KEITHWILLIAMS2
Emerging Contributor

I recently extended my ArcGIS for Personal Use for another year, I have an authorization code but forgot the process on how to update my computer, I'm still getting prompts that my expiration date will occur very soon. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdmundHall
Occasional Contributor

Hi KEITH WILLIAMS,

Within ArcGIS Pro you can navigate to the settings page and select the licencing tab on the left. You should be able to see a button for "Configure your licencing options" towards the bottom of the page.

From there, you should be able follow the instructions on this page to either use a licence file or authorisation code.

Alternatively, to authorise ArcMap, open the ArcGIS Administrator program in your windows start menu, select the Desktop folder on the left, and by clicking on the "Authorize Now" you should be able to follow a similar process to the ArcGIS Pro authorisation process; the the instructions are here.

Regards,

Ed

If this has been helpful or answered you question, please mark the response to help other GeoNet users!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EdmundHall
Occasional Contributor

Hi KEITH WILLIAMS,

Within ArcGIS Pro you can navigate to the settings page and select the licencing tab on the left. You should be able to see a button for "Configure your licencing options" towards the bottom of the page.

From there, you should be able follow the instructions on this page to either use a licence file or authorisation code.

Alternatively, to authorise ArcMap, open the ArcGIS Administrator program in your windows start menu, select the Desktop folder on the left, and by clicking on the "Authorize Now" you should be able to follow a similar process to the ArcGIS Pro authorisation process; the the instructions are here.

Regards,

Ed

If this has been helpful or answered you question, please mark the response to help other GeoNet users!

KEITHWILLIAMS2
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the information everything worked just as you prescribed, I’m up and running.

Have a good one

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Kudos
EdmundHall
Occasional Contributor

Great to hear you're all sorted KEITH WILLIAMS‌,

If you're able to mark the question as answered it will help others find this solution.

Regards,

Ed