ArcGIS for Desktop is not authorized for use.

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 09:53 AM
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

I have been trying to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop on my computer.  It is coming up with error message attached on the picture.  I have gone through the Authorization Wizard several times (with no change in message).  I’ve tried authorizing it through the internet as well as with an authorization file.  I have uninstalled and installed ArcGIS two times as well

Could anyone provide any information as to why this is not working?  I have installed and authorized many computers before and haven’t had this issue.

Using Windows 10 and ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3.1

Any advice is greatly appreciated. If there is anyone else having this issue it would be nice to know as well.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Thanks for replying. I ended up calling ESRI and dealing with an analyst for a day. The issue ended up being that the Machine IDs were not being generated on the PC itself.  It had something to do with a network adapter that had to be replaced because it was 'blocking' the machine IDs from being generated.

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brandon,

I suggest you contact Esri Customer Service and verify that your license file is still valid.

Contact Us | Esri About 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Thanks for replying. I ended up calling ESRI and dealing with an analyst for a day. The issue ended up being that the Machine IDs were not being generated on the PC itself.  It had something to do with a network adapter that had to be replaced because it was 'blocking' the machine IDs from being generated.

Brandon

0 Kudos