Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 compatibility

Jump to solution
04-26-2019 09:39 AM
MartinRose1
New Contributor

Are map documents created in ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 backwards compatible with 10.6.1 or earlier versions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kerry_Shakarjian
New Contributor III

Kory Kramer‌ I have a coworker who is using ArcMap 10.7 while I am using ArcMap 10.6.1. "Save a Copy"  was used on the 10.7 mxd to be compatible with 10.6 so I could open the mxd. The following is the error message I received when trying to open the compatible 10.6 mxd output from 10.7:

We then tried saving it to a 10.5 mxd to see if 10.6.1 could open it and received this message:

When I did some research and read the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 release highlights and updates by Victor Tey I found this page below that may or may not apply to this situation:

Just throwing it out there that we're having trouble using the Save a Copy and getting it to work out of 10.7.

Currently upgrading my computer to 10.7 to try and open the mxd.

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Kerry, I just double-checked by saving a 10.6 mxd from 10.7, and it opened fine in 10.6.  So it doesn't appear to be a generic bug.  It may be something specific to the data in a particular document, add-ins, etc. that you might want to investigate with technical support.

Thank you.