ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1: No longer warns of no licenses available

10-30-2019 05:55 AM
EdDempsey
New Contributor III

We are running ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1 and License Manager 2019.0.   Following the upgrade, we have noticed that if a user attempts to open Desktop and there is not an available license, they do not receive any sort of warning.  The splash screen appears for a second, then disappears.  That's it.  In the past, it would indicate that there were no [Advanced, Standard] licenses available in which case the user could at least temporarily switch to Basic or check with other folks to free up a license.

Has anyone had similar experiences?  

12 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Ed,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.  I was able to reproduce the issue you mentioned.  My test was slightly different from what you described which was why I wasn't able to reproduce it on my side.  I deauthorized the Advanced license to mimic an unavailable license.  Doing so, I was able to get the error message.  If I followed your workflow exactly, I was able to reproduce the issue and get the splash screen.  So thanks for saving me the time.  With that said, it appeared to be a bug with the software.  

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue in ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.  I followed the same workflow and received the following error message instead:

It appeared the bug may have manifested in Desktop 10.7.x but fixed in 10.8 which will be available by the end of the month.  

AdamGoodfellow2
New Contributor II

Have a look at thisElizabeth OBrien

0 Kudos
mthompson
New Contributor III

Not sure if anyone has found it yet, but if anyone is having this same issue it looks like there was a patch.

https://support.esri.com/en/Products/Desktop/arcgis-desktop/arcmap/10-7-1#downloads?id=7788

0 Kudos